Friday, March 1, 2013

EDITOR'S LETTER: March 2013

Earlier this year, I had gone to get my eyes checked out so I could get a new prescription for my eyes. As you can see below, I certainly had a dilemma in deciding on a new style of frame to get for my face (I am really digging the old 70’s style transparent, wide frames you see teens where in your parent’s old yearbook photos). When I first found that I needed glasses for my eyes in 7th grade. I was mortified to know that I even needed glasses because I felt glasses would make me look even dorkier than I already was. Don’t get it twisted, I wasn't a “dork” per se, but I certainly wasn't one of those kids who hated school. When I first got glasses I carried my glass’ case around with me everywhere I went, for if there was ever a time when I felt I could get away without wearing them, those babies came off my face! I never knew I’d really need them more than ever as I found how much I enjoyed photography and fashion as I grew into adulthood.

Please help me decide which frames you think best on my face, would ya! Post a comment below, or let me know on Instagram, @inmyfashionblog!
Now, I would say I have grown out of my adolescent insecurities (yesterday was my birthday by the way), and I wear my glasses more often, and I am less vain that I was about them before, I might add. Being a fashion enthusiast, my eyes are my most valuable tool; I must take care of my eyes! People see me with my sunglasses on all the time (yes, even indoors—don’t judge me; see “Matthew 7:1”), and I wear them so often because 1) they protect my eyes against the harsh sun rays and the effects of the weather; 2) they serve as blinders do for a race horse in that they really help my scatter-brain focus more on what I NEED to be focused on; 3) They keep me from making unnecessary eye contact (I have a nasty habit of staring). Sunglasses are incredibly useful for me, and I always find sunglasses that fit comfortably over my normal eye-seeing glasses for those times when I don’t have on my contact lens (I love the glasses that older people with sensitive eyes use for driving; quite stylish if you find the right pair).

Please help me decide which frames you think best on my face, would ya! Post a comment below, or let me know on Instagram, @inmyfashionblog!
These past few months I have been thinking a lot about how I see myself in the future. As Anna Wintour says, “Fashion is about change,” and I always figured since I was younger that the way I am today is not indicative of whom I will be in the future. I have been listening a lot to Joel Osteen Devotionals on my Daily Bible App on the my new Samsung Galaxy phone I purchased this year (an excellent phone for those considering a new one) and he talks an awful lot about how God wants to release a flood of His power into all of our lives—a power which brings more good than we could ever imagine. He preaches that God will do this for each and every one of us, if only we would just believe that He will. Joel says that if you think overflow, you will receive overflow, but you can’t always be thinking about the mediocrity of your present life, and expect to receive abundance in your future. I am a witness to this fact everyday and I testify this truth through what I wear by representing myself the best I can EVERYDAY, even on weekends!

Please help me decide which frames you think best on my face, would ya! Post a comment below, or let me know on Instagram, @inmyfashionblog!
This month, I challenge you to dress as though you expect to be going somewhere fabulous, and that the future holds unimaginable prospects for you in that you must look your best for that time once you have reached your destination. As Coco Chanel has said, “One must always look nice for destiny.” In my fashion, as I said in my last Serious Style post, Dancing to the Beat of OUR own Drum, as the Law of Harvest would have it, when you dress with an overwhelming positive energy, your energy will transfer to those that you interact with, and people generally will try to match that energy that you are putting out. Not to say this is the case always but, in most instances, I have found that people treat other people better when the person they are talking to exerts a level of respect and positive energy within themselves. If you notice, people are quite shallow and rarely believe anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes. So, in my fashion, it’s your job to establish to others what you are all about, NOT the other way around, which is why I feel it is so important to dress impeccably, everyday. Only YOU determine your fate!

Please help me decide which frames you think best on my face, would ya! Post a comment below, or let me know on Instagram, @inmyfashionblog!
This month I want to examine how we look at ourselves, how we take care of ourselves, and how we can better prepare ourselves for our future-selves that are going to have much more going for ourselves than we do now, no matter what our current situation is. How long a life you live is dependent upon how satisfied you are in life. I say never settle in life, because everyday has a new victory ahead. Trouble is inevitable, but misery is optional. Keep Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment