Sunday, April 14, 2013

Style Watch Spring 2013

If you haven't got the memo, SPRING IS UPON US! I was thoroughly pleased to wake up this Saturday to trees decorated with fresh green leaves. After experiencing a few weeks of erratic weather and calming April showers, waking up this weekend to clear blue skies, plush white clouds was a dream compared to that splash of green from the trees I feel I haven't seen in so long. It's as though Mother Nature announced herself, in the words of Karl Lagerfeld, "ON TO THE NEXT!" While winter is usually my favorite season because I get to layer (which is my favorite thing to do in with clothes), I was ready to give layering a break, and its like they say, "April showers bring May flowers." After what was, in my fashion, a very dry winter, it was great to see people out and about this weekend, unafraid to be seen. It seems people are officially unafraid to wear neon colors, and girls really favor light, pleated, carved dipping hemline dresses, a way to wear both long and short skirts at the same time. This good weather and change of season inspired this Style Watch post! November was my last Style Watch, so I chose to share THREE videos I found very "springy" in their own ways. (In my fashion, they offer some good ways to look cute with this change of weather.)




No comments:

Post a Comment