Tell us your name and where you are from?  
My name is Folasade. I was born in Abeokuta Nigeria, and raised in Toronto Canada for the majority of my life.
What do you do? Is there a resistance or compatibility with your hair in your field of work?
Well I am an artist, student, and model. When I first cut my hair I started getting recognized. Going short and natural has been working in my favor.
How long have you been natural?
I have been natural since 2009. 3 years now!

Describe your hair.        
My hair is beautiful, I’ve learned to love it for what it is. Thick, course and tightly curled
 
What is your hair regimen? 
Having short natural hair forces me to take care of my own hair, more than ever. I was my hair about 3 times a month. Shampoo tends to try my hair. Before I head out I always condition my hair with Shea Moisture: Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque. I also dye my hair according to the seasons. This year I was Lavender for the spring. Platinum blonde for the summer, Red for the fall and for the this winter I might go back to Black.
 
What is your best hair advice? 
You were born with your hair. It is yours forever. Take care of it. Embrace it. Love it 
What is the strangest comment, request or hair story?
When I first cut my hair it wasn’t “cool”. People would call me bald headed, or said I looked like a boy. When it became “cool”, people would call me the “dark skin Amber Rose” This made me angry.
How would you describe your personal fashion style?
My personal fashion style? I would call it. “Folasade” I dress how I feel. If I’m in a dark mood, I’ll wear all black. If I’m feeling sexy, I’ll be sexy. If I’m feeling bold, I’ll dress up as bold as I can be. If I want to be classy, I’ll be classy. If I feel like being one of Fela’s Wives, I’ll be one of Fela’s wives.  My style is solely based on my feelings.
What advice would you give to people who might be afraid to show their true fashion for fear of being judged by others?
I get judge all the time especially by family. My mother judges me ALL the time, and that’s the worse feeling ever. Sometimes I doubt myself and ask the mirror over and over “are you sure this looks good”. When in doubt I always dare myself. I never back down from a dare. If you’re ever doubtful of an outfit because of what others might think of you to the point where you never go through with the outfit, then you’re not being true to yourself.  So fuck it. Fuck them.  This is your world as much as it anybody else Be who you want to be, where what you want to wear.
What would you say to others who judge individuals negatively for their personal fashion style?
I would ask them how the go about expressing themselves. Then I’ll ask how they would feel if they were constantly judge negatively on it.
When it comes to your style who, what or where does your inspiration come from?
Honestly I ask myself all the time “WHAT WOULD GRACE JONES DO?” Grace Jones serves as a major source of inspiration and influence on my personal style. She’s inspiring because she doesn’t give a fuck. If she was able to no give a fuck then, why should I give a fuck now? Sometimes I GOOGLE things like “Grace Jones make up, Grace Jones outfits…” hahaha I do. She inspires me.  I look up to her.
If you can name one person from the past or present whose closet you would love to raid, who would it be?
Well I have 2 say Grace Jones of course. I want all the outfits Azzedine Alaia made for Grace Jones and my mother. Her traditional Nigerian outfits are exceptional. She looks like a Queen whenever she goes out to a Nigerian party/event. I can’t wait till they’re passed down to me.
Do you have a blog/website?
Yes. My website is http://lovefola.com
There you will find a link to my blog, artwork, and photography.
I also welcome everyone to like my facebook page for updates on life, photo shoots and art.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Fola/212940918761939
Twitter: @ ___LoveFola
Anything else?
Remember. Love thy neighbor, but more importantly love thyself
What makes you an Urban Bush Babe?
What makes me an Urban Bush Babe? That’s easy. I’ve learned to embrace everything that I am, and everything that I am not. The day I decided to go natural was the day I decided to love myself entirely. A true Urban Bush Babe indeed <3 p="">