Monday, October 22, 2012

Style Watch: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis


One of the major issues facing our nation as we move forward electing a president for the next four years is the issue facing homosexuals and our human rights. Today is the last round of Presidential debates and although the topic focus will be foreign policy, each candidate's views on social issues such as the aforementioned weigh heavy on the hearts of many. I saw this video last Friday on 106 & Park, and I am not ashamed to say I was brought to tears. I was moved by how the video's message was so beautifully presented. In my fashion, this video says don't be afraid to go down the path of life you feel is most true to yourself. It's the only way you will find your destination to happiness. Through all the adversity one will face trying to find one's true happiness, nothing miraculous happens to those who stand safely on the riverbank and don't stand for what it is we want out of life. I relate to this video in that, I being homosexual myself, feel that there are certain unalienable rights that should not be governed by national policy. In my fashion, the candidate who shows a genuine interest to adhere to this notion would do well at the polls. I, myself, envision growing old with the love of my life, whether I was gay or straight, and to deny a right such as who it is that one loves is wildly preposterous to me considering not only our nation's history in civil rights, but the simple morale of the situation. Support marriage equality!

No comments:

Post a Comment