Thursday, July 19, 2012

READing Your Style: Now, Discover Your Strengths

Remember my story from my July Letter from the Editor, where I was recommended to read the book, “Now, Discover Your Strengths” by Marcus Buckingham? I have taken the liberty, here on IMF.blog, of summarizing the entire book and what jumped out at me from the book about our personalities and how we can make the most of our strengths and talents. In my fashion, I feel everyone needs to read this book for its filled with so much interesting information about our psyche as human beings. For me, it helped me to put life more in perspective for myself, and ever since I finished that last page, I have really been able to pinpoint those specific qualities that make me an extraordinary person in my own right. Throughout the day, I make sure to focus on making sure all of my actions are strongly in line with my style. I am steadfast and confident to correct others who dare describe who I am and where I need to go, for only I know what experiences I have gone through that have molded the way I see the world, and how I fit into it. If there is one thing we do know about on Earth, it’s about ourselves! Be an expert on yourself, and use “Now, Discover Your Strengths” to find out more. Philosopher, Baruch Spinoza, said that “to be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment