Thursday, November 27, 2014

spéciale de la mode: Happy Thanksgiving 2014

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I was surfing YouTube this past weekend, and while looking up videos of my another of my favorite fashion connoisseurs, Simon Doonan, I came across the video below which I thought would be perfect to post today. In my fashion, Simon Doonan is hilarious with a capital H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S. Doonan was a child of the 60's, and I admire his perspective of fashion considering he grew up in London when the Swinging Sixties Movement was beginning. After window dressing for a while in London, he was invited to style the windows for the store Maxwell in Los Angeles, California.  Fast forward to 2014, and Simon Doonan has been an window dresser and ambassador for Barney's New York where his controversial window displays have gained him popular acclaim since 1986. If you have an hour or so, when you get some free time, I suggest you view his humorous  interview with Fern Mallis of New York Magazine to understand his full life story and fashion perspective.


Considering Black Friday now starts on Thursday night, in the video above, Simon Doonan uses his expert sensibility to give us gift ideas for those we love. While Barneys may not be the first store you think about buying gifts from, use his thinking to guide your shopping decisions. Once again, he is HILARIOUS! Happy shopping and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment