Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Serious Style: Editing Your Style for Sucess

Melanie Fiona
Today I came across the March 19, 2012 issue of Jet Magazine with Cee-lo Green on the cover, I came across a short interview highlighting the lovely Melanie Fiona. She has a genuine quality about her which shines so radiant, not in a defiant, bombastic, and rebellious way, but her candor seems to come from a wholistic mindset which makes her aura so positively energizing. Melanie Fiona has been gracing the airways with her single "4 A.M." from her album "The MF Life", and in the interview she was asked what the does her title stand for. While most of us would simply think, "MF" means, Melanie Fiona, she went of to mention that "The MF Life" was more of a pun, that can mean whatever you want it to mean. She goes on to say, "Life is filled with highs and lows. You have to pay attention to those moments. They are what define you." In my fashion, she is absolutely correct! This, in my fashion, helps to expose a deeper aspect of Melanie Fiona's style, who she is, and what she stands for. Reading her comments to the questions posed in JET made me realize that people who have realized this fact early on in life, are those who are able to lead a life that they wanted to lead. How can you live a fulfilled life if you don't have complete control over the factors that affect you. Life is about reflection, and progression; the only way you are going to progress is if you pay attention to what is going on in your life and maybe its not so much about recognizing what is high and low in your life, but its about how you react to these high and low moments that define who you are. Me personally, I have found that journal writing is a great way to look at your life retrospectively. Every morning I set a few minutes out of the morning to write out my intentions for my day, and how I plan to reach my goals as far as my life goes, mentally, spirtiually, and physically. I write out what is most important in my life and what it is I need to focus on for the day to keep my life in check. I make sure I do this everyday, and I  it helps to to really layout the events of your day and ponder how in the future you can navigate through the negativities of your life. After taking time to reflect on life, it's impreative to hold yourself to your commitments, no mater what,  and force yourself to act upon your set intentions. I have found that it takes a certain level of self-discipline to want to progress in life, and by paying attention to the destructive aspects of your life and eliminating them daily by holding yourself to a higher standards than the day before, you can train your mind to be able to handle all situations you encounter with your own understanding of how to overcome adversity in your life. How do you achieve excellence in life? By doing the right thing! From what I have learned, excellence is the result of caring about what you do, and putting your best effort into what you care about. Excellence is an outward expression of inner integrity, and integrity is an important aspect of anyone's style, agreed?

No comments:

Post a Comment