Friday, February 10, 2012

Recap: Fall/Winter 2012 Ready-to-Wear (Part 1)

A new season is upon us, and fashion is turning its gears, preparing to provide us new looks for this coming fall. Since Wednesday a few of the 300+ designers have presented their collections, and for now on IMF.blog, I am going to choose my favorite looks via style.com from each runway presentation. I will be basing my choices for now off of how I feel that look will take fashion in a positive direction towards revolutionary change. Which trend/look has the power to turn our heads in astonishment, possibly giving us whiplash in the process, and changing our aesthetic pleasures from the this past seasons trends to the future. Which designer will claim the look of FW 2012? Hint: there are a lot of just-below-the-knee length flowy dresses usually worn in the summer, and leather skirts! I am going to highlight the look I think is the best in regards to catching on as a new trend for how we will look this season; the looks I would like to see more people jump out on a branch and wear. I will be doing more in depth analysis of each look and its designer in the future, but for now just feast your eyes on the marvelous creations I have chosen and soak in the mood of the season.


10 Crosby Derek Lam, BCBG Max Azria, BLK DNM, Chadwick Bell

Costello Tagliapietra, Creatures of the Wind, Cynthia Rowley, Gary Graham

Jenni Kayne, Juan Carlos Obando, Jil Sander Navy, Kelly Wearstler

Libertine, M.Patmos, Michael Angel, NAHM

Nicholas K, Organic by John Patrick, Peter Som, Rachel Comey

Richard Chai Love, Steven Alan, Tadashi Shoji, The Lake & Stars

TSE, Z Spoke by Zac Posen, Jason Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment